Welcome to the Portugal Canada Chamber of Commerce and Industry
The Portugal Canada Chamber of Commerce and Industry is a private, non-profit organization headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta. The Chamber has been promoting and facilitating bilateral trade, investment and business development between Canada and Portugal since 1990 and is celebrating its 20th anniversary with the relaunch of its website and expanded services.
The Chamber acts as a contact and information point for businesses and community groups interested in the relationship between Canada and Portugal.
Our services are also available to businesses and organizations from any Portuguese-speaking country or community interested in the Canadian market, in cases where local Canadian representation such as embassies, consulates or chambers of commerce are not available in Canada.
The Chamber's mandate is to:
- Promote Portuguese exports within Canada
- Facilitate increased demand for Portuguese-Canadian products and services
- Encourage direct investment into Portuguese and Portuguese-Canadian businesses
- Support the internationalization of Portuguese-affiliated companies
- Promote Portugal as a tourist destination
- Encourage cultural exchange between Canada and Portugal
The Chamber offers membership and a wide range of free and fee-for-service based supports to any interested companies, associations, non-profits and individuals.
We are a member of the Association of Portuguese American Chambers of Commerce (APACC). The Chamber is closely affiliated with the Consulate of Portugal in Edmonton. Close links also exist with the Embassy of Portugal in Canada and with the Portuguese Trade and Tourism Commission (AICEP) in Toronto, Ontario and Lisbon, Portugal.